Being a Portuguese citizen – therefore an European Union citizen, with a Shoengen Visa – is very advantageous for a Goan. Not only due to the benefits of the EU, but also because it is advantageous to be a Portuguese nowadays.
The reasons why Goans are applying for Portuguese Citizenship:
- They are distressed by the present situation in Goa, and are looking for more security in their lives.
- They believe that Portuguese citizenship is their right.
- They believe that a Portuguese passport will make International Travel easier especially with all the new Visa restrictions in situ.
- They find Portugal as clean, accommodating and tolerant as Goa 1960.
- They culturally identify with Portugal
- They have funds, and would like to take advantage of the business opportunities in the European Union
- A permutation and combination of the above.
- Other reasons